Day Location Meal Plan Activity
Day 01 Arusha BB Trsf,
Day 02 Lake Manyara National Park LDBB Trsf, P
Day 03 Serengeti South (Ndutu area) LDBB AP
Day 04 Serengeti South (Ndutu area) LDBB AP
Day 05 Serengeti South (Ndutu area) LDBB AP
Day 06 Ngorongoro Conservation Area LDBB AP
Day 07 Ngorongoro Conservation Area LDBB AP
Day 08 Depart
L-Lunch, D-Dinner, BB-Bed and breakfast, LDBB-Lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast, AL – all inclusive, Trsf-Transfer, E-Early morning game drive, A-Morning game drive, P-Afternoon game drive, HDS-Half Day sightseeing
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS SAFARI - highligths
- Journey of a lifetime during one Earth's greatest natural spectacles, the phenomenal Great Migration
- Visit three of Tanzania's finest game parks, Lake Manyara, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- Superior luxury accommodation in hand-picked all-inclusive lodges
- Abundant wildlife viewing featuring the "Big Five" Lion, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinoceros & Cape Buffalo
- Morning & Afternoon game drives led by expert safari guides
- Small group size for optimal game viewing experience
- Tour of Olduvai Gorge, excavated by Dr. Leakey, featuring a private lecture by the curator
- Opportunities to meet the people of Tanzania during special visits to Karatu
*Last Minute Deals available for reservations made until Feb. 19th, 2017.
Double Occupancy / Child Rates
$ 7,030 $0,000 $ 4,540 $0,000
$ 6,741 $0,000 $ 4,276 $0,000
- All accommodations, all game drives and most meals included
The Tanzania Migration Safari begins in the safari capital, Arusha where we land in Kilimanjaro International Airport, a convenient airport that serves many international flights. After an overnight stay we drive north to the pristine Lake Manyara where we will encounter our first large variety of wildlife and the photogenic flamingo wallowing on the lake.
Travel to the Serengeti National Park for a couple of nights and days are filled with action-packed game view. Our next destination is to Ngorongoro Crater and Karatu area to experience the culture and lifestyle of Tanzanians.
The word“SIRINGIT" means"ENDLESS PLAINS,"
and this is understadably from where the SERENGETI National Park takes its name
Tanzania's oldest and most popular national park, also a world heritage site and recently proclaimed a 7th worldwide wonder. The Serengeti is famed for its annual migration,
when some six million hooves pound the open plains, as more than 200,000 zebras and 300,000 Thomson's gazelles join the wildebeest's trek for fresh grazing.
Yet even when the migration is quiet, the Serengeti offers arguably the most scintillating game-viewing in Africa: great herds of buffalo, smaller groups of elephant and giraffe
and thousands upon thousands of elands, topi, kongoni, impala and Grant's gazelle.
Popular the Serengeti might be, but it remains so vast that you may be the only human audience when a pride of lions masterminds a siege, focused unswervingly on its next meal.
SIZE AND LOCATION
Size: 14,763 sq km (5,700 sq miles).
Location: 335km (208 miles) from Arusha, stretching north to Kenya and bordering Lake Victoria to the west.
- Ndutu area known for the calving season from mid-December to March
- Southern Serengeti heading to Western Corridor – April to June (crossing the Grumeti River)
- Western Corridor heading to Northern Serengeti: June and July
- Northern Serengeti to Massai Mara: July to October – millions of wildebeest and Zebras cross the Mara River. Depending on weather conditions, they migrate to Massai Mara and return to Serengeti twice during that particular period. The migration can be expected to move either way with no particular set direction.
- Massai Mara either way with no particular set direction.
Scheduled and charter flights from Arusha, Lake Manyara and Mwanza. Drive from Arusha, Lake Manyara, Tarangire or Ngorongoro Crater.
WHAT TO DO
Hot air balloon safaris, walking safari, picnicking, game drives, bush lunch/dinner can be arrangedwith us. Massai rock paintings and musical rocks.
Visit neighboring Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Ol Doinyo Lengai volcano and Lake Natron's flamingos.
Four lodges, six luxury tented camps and camp sites scattered through the park;
one new lodge will be opened next season (Bilila Lodge); one luxury camp,
a lodge and two tented camps just outside.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
To follow the wildebeest migration, December-July. To see predators, June-October.
The route and timing of the wildebeest migration is unpredictable.
Allow at least three days to be assured of seeing them on your visit - longer if you want to see the main predators as well.
Day of departure: daily
Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Price list: Please find all prices for this safari here
Country information: Please read more information about Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda
Travel guide: - English speaking
Extra Charge: - private procedure with 2 persons:
Type of travel: - Small group journey, can be also booked as individual journey
General Terms & Conditions: - Prices vary per travel season number of travelers and Room type. We will be pleased to present you with an individual offer for your desired date.
This exemplary itinerary can individually be amended to your wishes. Of course, also other accommodations are possible. The exemplary route can be individually changed. We can for example shorten or lengthen the route, include additional stops, mix lodges etc.
All changes in the itinerary as well as changes of departure days etc. are reserved to the travel agents on-site.
All prices are per person. Prices are subject to rate changes, currency fluctuations and availability until booking is conformed by Horizon Africa Safari.
· Airport transfers as per the itinerary
· Bed & Breakfast accommodation in Arusha Mount Meru Hotel
· Full Board accommodation whilst on safari with meal plans as per the itinerary
· Ground transportation as per the itinerary in 6 – Seater Land Cruiser with an English speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide (Guaranteed window seat)
· Game drives and sightseeing as per the itinerary.
· Park or reserve entry fees - where applicable.
· Mineral water 1 Littre bottle per person per day.
· Visas (currently US$ 50 per person. $ 100 for United States citizens)
· Drinks with meals
· Tips and gratuities
· Inoculations and personal insurance
· International and domestic flights and departure taxes
· Optional activities and excursions
· Items of personal nature such as cigarettes, postage etc
· Health insurance and evacuation fees
+1(800)-497-6894, +1(904)-999-4721, +1(904)-233-1674
Fill out our online enquiry form